Friday, June 17, 2016

A Time to Step Out

        Hey everyone! My name is Maddy Tolson and I am a senior nursing student at Miami University. The past few months I have been searching for God and asking Him to take me deeper in our relationship. The offer to go on this trip came up , but I selfishly turned it down. This was my last summer before I joined the “real world”, and my sister's last summer before heading to college. I knew I was going to Guatemala with my church for a week and that seemed to be enough. As the time got closer to the group leaving, the Lord was working on my heart. I was getting reality check after reality check realizing that if I wanted to grow in my faith, I needed to make a change. 

 One night I was praying asking God to just speak to me and I turned on my Spotify when “O Come to the Alter” came on. The very first verse says, “Have you come to the end of yourself, do you thirst for a drink from the well? Jesus is calling, leave behind your regrets and mistakes, come today theres no reason to wait, Jesus is calling”. Tears immediately began to flow.  I knew God was telling me that its time to step out of my comfort zone and start to listen and follow His calling. 

So here I am packed and ready to join the Emmaus group for the next four weeks and I could not be more excited. My prayer is that God will show up and be bigger than I could imagine. To show not only me, but the entire group His love and leave us breathless in His power and majesty. A love so strong we can’t help but radiate His love to the people we encounter and truly make a difference in the lives we touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment