Saturday, June 11, 2016

Today is the Day

This is my first blog post...ever! I've always wanted to start a blog and write about my adventures and journey with God...what better time to start than now as I wait to board my plane to Guatemala for 5 weeks!!

I'm Nada by the way, no, not nothing in Spanish but Morning Dew in Arabic (origin of my name) - gonna have fun with my name in Central America!

I can't believe the day is already here where I'll be arriving in Guatemala to embark on this journey with 9 other people who their hearts are burning for God. To say that there have been trials and testing before this trip is an understatement but I was constantly reminded of God's steadfast love and unfailing grace.

Until yesterday morning I wasn't sure I was coming. Somewhere deep inside of me, I knew I was coming and I knew it was God's will for me to go, but doubt and fear crept in. I learned that I don't need to have all the money to make a difference. Instead, I need to surrender to God, trust His timing, and wait on Him alone. He is my Jehovah Jireh, my provider and the One who delights in me.

As I arrived to the airport, I was overwhelmed and anxious. It dawned on me that today is the day I leave my friends and family for 5 weeks to serve in Central America. I was anxious about my luggage and weight of my bags. But to my surprise, God's grace and favour were on my side. He cares about the smallest details and I just became so in awe and I took comfort in His peace and love.

This is only the start to an amazing journey and the beginning of God's transformation in my life and the lives of those I'll serving with the next few weeks.
"Cast all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

2 comments:

  1. We love you Nada and will be praying for you! Have a safe flight, make a ton of memories with Jesus and delight in being still and watching His hands at work. Can't wait to read post #2!

    ReplyDelete