Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Beauty of God's Creation

Have you ever taken the time out of your hectic day to just look around?  I live my life on a schedule of sleeping in late, going to school, going to work, and going back to sleep.  Always caught up in making sure I have something to do and somewhere to be.  I’ve spent the vast majority of my life running from place to place not wanting to miss out.  Does this make a terrible person? No.  But what it makes me is unaware. I am unaware of the visible presence of God in our everyday life. I am unaware of the natural expression of who he is and the proof of his immense love for us.  I am unaware of the beauty of creation.  This trip has offered me a time to look around and observe, to begin to see things more clearly. 
I am confident I have seen and felt God move on this trip.  I have seen pastors speak with a passion and fire that breaches the language barrier.  I have seen ministries running only upon their faith in Him, ministries reaching the unreached, and services where the presence of Holy Spirit is evident.  Sometimes you have to sit still to realize the beauty of His majesty.  I have seen the stars like never before, the vastness of the jungle, and nature in its most raw and perfect form.  I have seen God on the road through his glorious creation.
Think about creation.  Creation is the ultimate artistic expression of love.  God painted the most beautiful portrait that one can ever imagine.  God created a beautiful planet covered in natural beauty. From the sunrise to the moonlit night, the animals and people that we encounter it all leads to the God of the universe. The God who created our planet and created each one of us.  God is not quiet but he is loudly proclaiming His great name through the beauty we encounter everyday. There has been a song that has played on repeat in my head from the beginning of this journey. That song is “You’re beautiful” by Phil Wickham. 


“I see Your face in every sunrise,
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes,
The world awakens in the light of the day,
I look up to the sky and say,
You're beautiful


I see Your power in the moonlit night,
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright,
We are amazed in the light of the stars,
It's all proclaiming who You are,
   You're beautiful”





This song perfectly captures my thoughts and emotions in a beautifully poetic form.  This post was not written to chastise all of us that have hectic and crazy lives, but to encourage you to look and think about the beauty of God’s creation.  Emmaus has been an experience with God.

1 comment: