Friday, July 15, 2016

What just happened?

I want to share with you one of the craziest and weirdest experiences that I have had in my life, traveling with Americans.

My name is Antony de Leon and I'm the interpreter for this team. 

Can you imagine sharing with a stranger your stuff and sleep under the same roof for one night? Now, can you imagine doing it for 5 weeks? Well... that was me sharing with those famous GRINGOS LOCOS and getting ready for this adventure.

At first it was something uncomfortable even though when I already knew what I was risking (joke), students from the United States and Canada (or something like that). Sometimes it was a little bit  awkward but then everything began to change when I was able to know them a little more.

It's very interesting to be able to understand each of their personalities and it can be very difficult or really hard to handle it (at least it was for me) but once I understood how to work with these personalities it was a lot easier for me, and I'm glad to tell you a little bit of how I see them:

Let's start with the funniest, ADAM:

A young man who makes us laugh at all times even when sometimes we want to burn him (I know Emmaus are going to know what I'm talking about, nothing literal Adam's mom please don't hate me). but these occurrences are what made this trip something interesting, but what are you talking about Antony?, Well let's say that kissing a dog is not something you expect to see on one of these trips, or  eat rare fruits and end up with an rash, etc. But I promise you something, Adam is one of those people who you wanna take with you on every trip you want or need to do.

What about IEXA, NADA and MADDY?:

One of the things that surprised me about them and which caught my attention was to see that connection they made with people in every place we visited: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and El Salvador. They loved the culture and lived in the moment regardless of  culture or language barrier.

The rest will be in part 2, coming soon....!

No comments:

Post a Comment